Today is day 2 as part of the CS Team at Telligent Systems. That’s the biggest news of course, but along with a short bio I sent out to the rest of the team yesterday I let some other tidbits go that I had been holding pretty close to the vest. More information (and pictures in some cases) to follow for each of these, but here are the highlights.
1. Yesterday - my first day at Telligent Systems. I couldn’t be more pumped - I have admired the organization from afar for a long time.
2. My wife, Dawn, is currently 7 months pregnant with our new boy (yet to be named). This will be our third child. We have a son, Jared (14), and a daughter, Regan (7). Yes, there is seven years between each child. It’s some kind of bizarro seven year itch, I guess. :)
3. About a month or so ago we finished the addition of a huge deck (approx 550 square feet). We are loving it.
4. We are currently wrapping up framing walls for some additions to the basement. We decided to add a family room (media room), full bath, and bedroom. With the new addition to the family we needed a bit more space, particularly another bedroom. I should be able to start drywalling later this week, so I know where I will be spending my “free time” over the next couple of weeks.
5. My office used to reside in a dark, nicely cobwebbed corner of the basement we affectionately referred to as “the dungeon”. Since we are finishing the basement my office had to be relocated. While Dawn loves our formal dining room, we really only use it a couple of times a year - it was an easy choice to sacrifice to become my new office. All I have done so far is just carry all my crap up from downstairs and “neatly” stacked it around the room. I am currently surrounded by piles of computer pieces, odd parts, CDs, stacks of paper, etc. I think this will become a nice office, I just dread the work it will take to get it there.
That’s all for now.