Any of you dear readers who are subscribed to my blog via RSS may have noticed several posts coming through the RSS feed recently that are not on this site (http://danhounshell.com). That’s because I’ve combind this feed with a blog I created, CheeseSalt, on Posterous, that I use as a sort of “mini-blog” for posting content that is not quite worthy of a full blog post but too long to share on Twitter.
Posterous is so dead simple to use that I’ve found myself posting nearly everything on that site rather than here. I’ll continue to post longer articles on this site, but because Posterous makes it so easy I’m more willing to post things as I find them rather than put it off (and never get to it). The end result is that I’m posting more often than I have in the past.
What makes it so easy to use?
- You don’t even have to sign up for an account. Just send an email to email@example.com with your post title in the subject and the post body in the content and they will create an account for you, create a blog for you, create your post and email you back the details.
- Going forward, creating a blog post is as simple as sending an email.
- You can post from your mobile phone, too.
- They have a Firefox Bookmarklet that makes is super easy to share links, photos, etc (I use this 90% of the time)
- They can auto post to Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites, too.
- You can easily add images to your blog post by just including the images as attachments to the email.
- You can easily add video to your blog post by adding the url to the video (supports YouTube and more).
- It easily integrates Google Analytics
- It easily integrates Feedburner
- I could go on and on
I’ve been amazed by the features and frictionless use that Posterous provides. If you’ve been thinking about starting a blog or even a second blog just for certain types of content than you should give Posterous a try.