10. You do have tests, don’t you?
9. It’s the right thing to do - tests build up technical debt, too
8. Keeping your tests lean, mean, clean and tidy ensures that writing new tests is easy and pain free
7. It’s a nice break from working on your project/product code
6. Your boss will be impressed as the number of automated tests rises faster
5. All the cool kids are doing it
4. You’ll understand your project/product codebase even better
3. Tests are not usually bound to same “rules” as your codebase, you can experiment – try new stuff
2. It’s fun, interesting and challenging work. Recent comment from peer: “Over the weekend I worked on refactoring our tests in my spare time – and I loved it”
And the #1 reason to refactor your test code is…
1. Men and women will find you sexy and desirable!