Whew! Just got everything working. I was getting worried that I might have to roll the site and database back to the backups I made yesterday evening before I started the conversion. It's been touch-and-go the last 18 hours (with about 4 hours of sleep in the middle) - waiting for FTP transfers to finish, then testing, then deleting files, then more FTP'ing, then more testing... rinse and repeat.
It only took a couple of minutes to get my local version upgraded and working so I couldn't figure out the issues I was having with the live version. It looks like the main problem was that my ftp program was not replacing any old existing files with the new ones - only copying in new files - leaving everything in a mixed up mess.
I finally decided to nuke everything on the live server and then I re-transferred all the files. That appears to have done the trick.
I started re-writing the LuxLegend skin (the one I use for my blog) to work for CS2.0 yesterday evening. It was going well, but I was having problem with one issue - the rating images. I decided to check the communityserver.org file repository to see if anyone had already posted an update. Luckily the LuxLegend skin is a popular one and someone had already posted an update to it.
All is well again.