Yesterday I talked about my CS/Google mashup and showed an example, my profile. Today I provide the instructions for using my Simple Google Map Wrapper in CS profile page:
1. Download the source or the binary here.
2. Place the DanHounshell.Google.Maps.OneMarkerMap dll in your /Web/bin folder.
3. Open the /Web/Themes/default/Skins/Skin-UserProfile.ascx page
1. Register the assembly by pasting the following to the top of the page (after the other register and import statements):
2. Paste the following after the other script blocks:
3. Find the table row that includes the Location field. Underneath it add a new row like this:
That's all there is to it. You can apply this in other places besides the CS profile page by following the above example.
You cat get a Google Maps API key here.
Give me a shout if you have any questions.
Additionally - the code does not have a bunch of error checking or any other "fancy" stuff - it was more or less just a proof of concept. The version number is 0.1, so it is pre-pre-beta. It is offered as-is, no warranties expressed or impled, etc. The source is there for you to peruse - it's pretty simple stuff actually.